Methuen Community Television is looking for a PART TIME Community Services Assistant (20-24 hours weekly) to join our team. MCTV moved into new facilities in 2017 and our Board of Directors is committed to providing the best we can offer to the community. We are an active production community, with both member shows and staff programs. Our local newsmagazine has been recognized by the Alliance for Community Media with awards at the regional and national level. We are also dedicated to providing unbiased local election coverage.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for keeping our station programmed by uploading locally produced content, downloading outside programs and promos and updating the bulletin board, currently using Tightrope and Carousel and monitoring the station and streaming during off hours
- Responsible for keeping our field production equipment organized, charging batteries and reporting issues to management
- Responsible for burning DVD’s or other media and fulfilling Dub orders
- Responsible to working with and teaching classes to MCTV members to assist in their creation of programs for air
- Responsible for directing, editing, and/or assisting in the production of MCTV originated programs such as “Methuen Now” and local election coverage where directed
- Responsible for assisting with MCTV community events and representing MCTV as needed in the community
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline, completed internship and 2 years experience or high school or trade school diploma and 4 years experience and a clean driving record.
Television Production skills — Studio and Field Production operation and editing, Directing, Basic set and lighting design, Basic video and audio engineering. Experience with Broadcast Pix, DataVideo, Tightrope, Carousel, Final Cut 10, Pixelmator or Adobe Photoshop, a plus.
Computer skills – Mac and PC computer skills, use of Office software including PowerPoint or Keynote, Uploading and downloading materials, Social media posting
Media skills – Able to write intros and interview questions, plan and execute basic productions. Voiceover experience a plus.
Being organized, responsible, pleasant, willing to work outside “regular” hours and taking an initiative approach to problem-solving are essential to fitting into this team.
Salary & Benefits: $18-21 an hour including pro-rated vacation and sick time
JOIN US by sending a resume and cover letter BY MAY 24, 2018 to:
Karen Hayden, Executive Director
MCTV, 20 Aegean Drive, Unit 11, Methuen, MA 01844 or firstname.lastname@example.org